Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: The Shame Edition

Welcome to a new segment called What I ate Wednesday!  (#WIAW)
As a mom, I've never felt more like a failure as a cook.  I used to cook a lot, but now I literally just don't have the time.  We started eating so much bland and plain food just because it was easy.

In walks "What I ate Wednesday."  I'm challenging myself to post what I ate for an ENTIRE day, at least once a month.  This is the shame edition.  This is what I don't want these posts to look like.  This is what I want to improve from.

I'll be honest, we strive to eat as fresh and as naturally as possible (within our budget, of course) and stray away from gluten more often than not, with the exception of a few whole grain pastas and bread. Today....it just wasn't happening.

Breakfast:  Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal--While this is fairly natural, AND comes in mommy-friendly pouches that you can measure water in, I'm not impressed with myself.  I used to make eggs and hashbrowns straight from potatoes in the mornings.

Lunch:  Leftovers.  We had some leftover quinoa pasta with a cheese and broccoli cream sauce.  Not a win.  Not a fail.

Snack:  Chia OJ.  I used 1 tbsp of this Chia, and 8 oz of orange juice in the first lidded cup I could find.  It makes a grainy juice that I somehow love.  Considering I had somewhere to be in less than 15 minutes, I considered this an easy win.
  


Dinner:  Burgers, Potatoes and green peppers, and cauliflower.  While this was technically my idea...it had to be executed by my husband, because a certain little princess was especially clingy from a doctor visit.  The buns were organic whole wheat, so I'm gonna say this was a win, but a win on his part.


On the bright side, Aisley had a probiotic, a half ounce of coconut water, her monkey's tail, and that guy's face for dinner.  At least we all know where my priorities are.


For the love of god, if you ever see anything on #WIAW that is this pathetic again, internet shame me.  Internet shame me until I'm eating chicken curry, or quinoa fried up with veggies, or even making a decent breakfast.  I should be eating food like that looks like this, not food that looks like the BRAT diet.
 

Seriously. I need to step my game up.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't have to be fancy - just has to taste good!

    ReplyDelete